With Navitas at UNH, you will be part of the quintessential American university community in Durham, New Hampshire from day one.
The best of both worlds
- Perfect for both urbanites and outdoor enthusiasts
- Located one hour north of Boston
- Within easy access of the snow-topped White Mountain ranges, the serene Lakes region or the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean
- Surrounded by stunning mountainous scenery (New Hampshire is referred to as the ‘Switzerland of America’)
- The historic seaport cities Portsmouth and Portland are also close by
- New Hampshire is consistently ranked among the top safest states in the USA
What to do in Durham when you’re not studying. We’ll give you some ideas to help you get started.
Student Life in Durham
UNH After Hours
The UNH student center hosts concerts, lectures, hypnotists, dance troops and more. These events are held all week long and best of all, most of them are free to students!
For more information please visit www.unhmub.com/.
Go see a movie
UNH has 2 movie theaters on campus and is the first university in the world to have a 3D movie theater. Student tickets are $2 for regular movies and $4 for 3D movies.
For more information please visit www.unhmub.com/things-do/movies-mub/.
UNH has great NCAA sports teams. The excitement of a packed hockey game is contagious. Students love coming together to cheer on their home team. And, once again, tickets are free for students!
For more information please visit www.unhwildcats.com.
What better way to spend an evening than to go see a play or a live band? The seacoast region has many theaters small and large that host music events, improv shows, operas and plays. There are plays right on campus or students can venture to Portsmouth or Ogunquit for even greater variety.
For more information please visit www.portsmouthnh.com/thingstodo/index.cfm?CategoryID=11.
Durham is only 15 minutes away from Portsmouth, NH which boast the most restaurants per capita in the US. The region is known for its seafood, but if you’re craving Indian, Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, BBQ or Italian, you’re in luck. This delicious destination also hosts a bi-annual Restaurant Week which is a great excuse to try something new.
For more information please visit www.portsmouthchamber.org/restaurantweek.cfm.