Orientation is the beginning of your journey at UNH. It is a new study environment, for most students a new country, and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation so don't miss it.
What happens at Orientation?
- Be introduced to a range of services and facilities UNH offers
- Move into your dorm room
- Get introduced to what the seacoast region has to offer
- Purchase textbooks
- Obtain your Student ID Card and activate UNH email
- Meet new friends before commencing study
What should I bring to Orientation?
- UNH GSSP Offer Letter
- University of New Hampshire's Letter of Acceptance
- Form I-20
- High school transcripts - original copies
- Financial documents - original copies
- Required health forms
What happens if I do not attend Orientation
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Students are permitted to miss orientation ONLY if there are unpreventable circumstances. You MUST CONTACT UNH GSSP to receive instructions about late enrolments. Students who arrive late will have to make up the coursework for the classes they missed. UNH GSSP students are required to be in attendance before the start of the 2nd week of classes. Please contact the Admissions Officer for more details.
What day should I arrive to UNH and where should I go to check in?
- Travel Day: January 16
- Check In Day: January 17 (Between 8:00AM – 12:00PM Noon)
- Address: Memorial Union Bundling (MUB) 83 Main St, Durham NH 03824
- Please refer to the Pre-Departure Guide (below) for step by step directions on preparing for orientation and arrival